All product or services website need LEADS to keep their online business running.
Leads are the visitors that show interest in your product by providing information like email address.
It takes a lot of effort and resources to bring visitors to your site.
Converting them to leads ensures all that struggle pays off.
In this article, you will learn how to generate more leads for your business with SEO.
I have shared 9 effective SEO lead generation techniques that will urge your visitors to take a step further.
1. Create More Landing Pages
Let’s start with the basics.
How do visitors come to your website?
Probably through Google or some other site where they saw something of their interest.
The point is, they go after what interests them.
You need to create pages with content that your target market finds interesting.
The page a user visits on your website is called Landing Page.
It means you will get more visitors if you have more landing pages.
A lead generation website needs as a lot of visitors because only a small proportion of them converts to lead.
You have to create perfect landing pages that will rank on search engines, and people will share them.
Creating high-quality content will bring more visitors to those landing pages.
According to a report, websites with more than 30 landing pages get 7 times more leads compared to sites with 5 – 7 landing pages.
Keep these things in mind when creating a landing page – this will attract maximum visitors and get you best responses.
- Select topics that your audience would want to know. For example: if you sell clothes, your audience would like information like ‘latest fashion trends’.
- Create comprehensive content with in-depth research. Answer every query related to the topic.
- Your content should give the reader the impression that you know what you are talking about.
- Slowly attract or offer them to the service or product you provide. For example: add a portion like ‘here get the latest arrival of Nike shoes at best rate’ – when writing on ‘fashion trends’.
- Writing should be easily readable and mixed with images.
- Write SEO content to rank it on search engines to get more traffic.
2. Lead Forms on Every Page
You get visitors on one of your landing pages.
Now, what do you want them to do?
Become a lead, right?
There are not going to ask you to convert them – you have to prompt them!
Once a user is on your page, you can control their focus.
You have to get their focus on becoming a lead – which brings me to my point.
Create a lead generation form on every page.
A lead generation form gets the reader to contact you or try your product.
This, at the very least, ensures that every visitor sees your lead generation form. They now know that you offer this particular product or service.
You will get a lot more leads if:
- You can get their focus on the lead generation form
- The form is attractive
3. Live Chat Service
Live chat service is not something to underestimate.
They get your visitors a quick answer to their queries.
If they ask a query, they are now interested. A visitor chatting with your support is most likely a lead for you.
They might not be interested in buying anything when they landed on your site.
The goal with live chat service is to get them interested.
Even in chat service, you have to prompt them to chat!
One method is to use a popup chat box at one corner of the page (you don’t want to annoy them). That popup may prompt them with text like:
- Hi, how can I help you?
- Find something interested? I’m here to help you.
- Would you like to buy some [product]?
A perfect line to excite them depends on what you offer.
These prompting text in the chat box are automatically generated after a visitor has spent some time on the page.
The user will feel like he’s asked a question. So, he might drop a reply.
Remember: your question should not look bot generated.
With a feeling of a person asking a question, they will feel obligated to answer your question.
- If you are online, answer, and convince them.
- If not, create another kick-ass auto-response ready for them.
4. Use Content Upgrade
If a user has visited your site, even once, it shows that he probably has an interest in your work. This means he/she is a part of your target market.
Don’t let them forget you after they have visited.
Make them come back to you.
You will need their emails to approach and remind them.
In other words, you want them to become a subscriber.
A subscriber gets occasional emails about new updates and offers. It will increase your traffic.
People don’t like to give their email address unless it’s necessary.
You have to give them a reason to trust and give you their email.
One of the best techniques for this job is to use the Content Upgrade.
The content upgrade is offering additional useful content to the visitor in return for his email.
That useful content has to be valuable enough for a visitor to give you his emails. The upgrade is usually relevant to the landing page.
Here’s an example:
If you have a page on the topic ‘How to Dress Sharp for Men’.
It is common sense to understand that most of the visitors are men who probably want to know about dressing.
To intrigue their interest, you can offer a content upgrade file ‘5 Dressing Tips to Look Rich’.
Once the visitor clicks on the download file button, humbly ask them for their email.
Neil Patel has used an interesting approach to expand his subscriber’s list. It’s a game he calls ‘Spin to Win’.
He entices visitors by offering a prize – when, in fact, it’s just another Content Upgrade technique.
To play and win, it gets humans excited. Then, this happens.
- You have to enter your email to play.
- When you ‘try your luck’, the wheel spins and stops at one of the upgrades that are emailed to you.
The prize offer brings me to my next point.
5. Make Bonuses and Offers
A lead generation website should have a bonus of prize to offer to attract more leads.
It’s just like the sales you see on new stores.
Best lead generation websites always have a prize to offer.
If you want to be one of them, start brainstorming for bonus ideas.
Here are some examples of bonus offers.
- You can offer a limited time discount
- Offer a free analysis or audit
- Give them a free sample work/ product
6. Attractive Call-to-Action
Call to action is a combination of words to entice a visitor to take another step.
It has the same purpose as ‘Content Upgrade’ and ‘Offering a Prize’: Get the visitor to take a step.
A CTA tells your visitors what to do next. For example:
- Get it for Free
- Sign Up Now
- Join Million Others
- Start Meeting
- Get your free quote now
- Set an appointment
- Contact us
- Get One for Yourself Now
7. Use Trust Seals
A trust seal looks like a sticker on your website, but it has more magic than just a sticker.
It is used among lead generation tactics for websites because it makes your visitor feel comfortable.
A trust seal is a stamp of trust issued to business and websites.
Internet Crime Complaint Center is receiving more and more fraud complaints every year.
A visitor feels safe when he sees one of the trust seals. According to Statista, 17% of customers abandoned online sales because they didn’t trust the site.
There are 4 general categories of trust seals.
- Security Seal: Shows there is no malware or spyware on this site.
- Business Practice Seal: It gives a seal of verified existence to websites.
- Business Identity Seal: This seal approves operational practices of the business.
- Privacy Seal: It identifies privacy threats for you and helps with the privacy statement.
8. Add Customer Reviews
There is no bigger trust seal than good customer reviews on your site.
Even the brand always show their customer testimonies because they know its value.
For example, Brian Dean is a huge name in the world of SEO. He shows his best testimonial on every landing page.
Don’t just show comment looking reviews.
Add the picture of the reviewer with the testimony – it will make the reviews look more believable.
Here’s an example for you.
First, is an image showing reviews with the pictures and quotation marks.
Second is an image of user reviews without the picture of the reviewers.
Now, you tell me which is more attractive and believable.
A customer always believes another customer. Make sure you get the best of reviews from your customer and present it to the world in the best way possible.
9. Nurture your Leads
Your Efforts don’t end at leads. After all, these leads aren’t going to convert themselves into sales.
You have to nurture your leads into customers.
For that, you can’t let your leads forget you, and you have to make them happy with you.
The lead usually ends when you have got the email address of an interested visitor.
- The first step is to send them a confirmation and welcome email.
- Second, provide them with the thing you offered to get their email (if you offered any).
- You might be judged with the first service or sample you offer. So, make sure you provide the best of your work.
Another one of important website lead generation strategies includes writing the most-friendly Call-to-Action and emails.
An email that sounds greedy, pushy, or like marketing won’t let your lead turn into a sale.
Remember: Right kind of marketing doesn’t feel like it.
I gave you an example of ‘Spin the Wheel’ as one of the lead generation best practices by Neil Patel.
It was without a doubt how to optimize a lead generation website. But, that also didn’t end there.
Here’s the email I received after winning my prize.
If possible, I would like you to read this email as an example.
It’s as user-friendly as an email can be. We know it’s an auto-generated email (probably written by Neil).
He especially mentioned to contact him without any hesitation and that it’s his personal account.
Moreover, he also pitched his Digital Marketing agency without making it feel like advertisement.
So, What Have We Learned So Far?
It is important to generate leads to expand your business.
Your question was, how to optimize a lead generation website?
To answer this question, I shared 9 effective SEO lead generation techniques:
- You need a good quantity of quality landing pages to increase visitors
- Add lead generation form on every page of your site so it’s easier for a visitor to approach you.
- Add a live chat service and prompt a conversation to bring the visitor towards the sale.
- Use Content Upgrade to get the email of your visitors. This keeps them returning and you will have plenty of chances to make your sale.
- Offer additional discounts and bonuses to urge the visitor to become a lead.
- Attractive Call-to-Action on every page and form is crucial for lead generation.
- Get a popular Trusted Seal to make your visitor feel comfortable and trust you.
- Add the best of Customer Reviews and testimonials with their pictures if you want to become one of the best lead generation websites.
- Don’t leave them unattended once a visitor turns into a lead. Properly approach with a strategy to make them your customer.
- Make sure your website is optimized for all types of devices. Your site should especially be optimized for mobile devices – most of the online sales are now made through mobile phones.
- The right CONTENT is one of the best ways to attract leads and sales. Make sure you utilize right content marketing techniques to get maximum leads.
- Try to assure your visitors that you offer the best deals in the market. For example, you can compare your prices with others.
What do you think of these website lead generation strategies? Which of these have you used, and how did they result?